Michelle was going to send 25 people an embossed card and we could do whatever we wanted to do to/with the card. I chose the alphabet card to give myself a challenge and because I figured that everyone else would pick the hearts and flowers being this is a Valentine's challenge.
I was so excited by this challenge because many of the items I use to make jewelry are also scrapbooking/cardmaking supplies.
It didn't take me very long to figure out what I was going to do with the card. Burn it!
Yep! I started out making the card my own by burning the edges. I went outside during my daughters nap and burned the edges with a lighter. Next, I cut a piece of decorative scrapbook paper to layer underneath, then another piece of cream card stock for the inside. I punched the holes for the die cut flowers, button, binding and earrings. Then, I stamped the words on the inside and a key on the back side.
I made the flowers using a flower die cut, then embossed them with a script folder and my Big Shot machine. I ran over the front of the card with light pink and red ink and then filled in some of the letters with nail polish (I am a nail tech, it was all I had). I taped the 3 sheets together with double sided tape, attached the flowers using brads, set the eyelet on the inside, tied on the button and tied the 3 sheets together with hemp. Slip in a pair of earrings as a gift and you are all set!
Thanks Michelle for a great challenge I really enjoyed this challenge and finished it way early,
which is not me at all.
Thanks for checking out my card :-)